President Andrew Jackson
- ANDREW JACKSON, JR., b. 15 Mar. 1767, Waxhaws, South Carolina—d. 8 Jun. 1845, Nashville, Davidson Co. Tennessee; m. Aug. 1791, Natchez, Mississippi (re-m. 17 Jan. 1794, Nashville), to Rachel Donelson (b. 15 Jun. 1767, Pittsylvania Co. VA—d. 22 Dec. 1828, The Hermitage, near Nashville,TN), divorced wife of Lewis Robards.
- Andrew Jackson, b. Carrickfergus, Antrim, Ireland—d. ca. 1 Mar. 1767, Waxhaws, SC; m. bef. 1760, Carrickfergus.
- Elizabeth Hutchinson, b. Carrickfergus, Antrim, Ireland—d. Nov. 1781, Charleston, S.C.
- Hugh Jackson. of Carrickfergus, Ireland; d. c. 1782.
- —?— Hutchinson, of Carrickfergus, Ireland.
- [allegedly] —?— Leslie
- Thomas Jackson, of Ballyregan, Dundonald Parish, County Down, Ireland, living 31 January 1761.
NOTES AND REFERENCES
Harry L. Jackson's Some Descendants of John and Elizabeth Cummins Jackson in Kentucky: Kentucky Relatives of Stonewall Jackson (Cleveland, Ohio: the author, 1976), p. 2, states, "Elizabeth Hutcheson [sic], mother of Old Hickory, was one of the six noted and popular daughters of Cyrus Hutchinson, a soldier who fought in the battle of Carrickfergus in Ireland." However, Andrew Jackson's paternal lineage, as presented in this volume, is incorrect. Ronald Vern Jackson's Andrew Jackson and Rachel Donelson Ancestry (Salt Lake City: Accelerated Indexing Systems, Inc., 1980), chart 1, shows President Jackson was a great-grandson of a Samuel Jackson (rather than Thomas). Elizabeth Hutchinson is shown as the daughter of Robert William Hutchinson and Margaret Lisle, both of Antrim, Ireland, "based part on family tradition and some old books in the National Archives."
- Ellis Munson Goodwin, "Crafford of New River, North Carolina," The National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 57, pp. 298-303, traces the immediate descendants of President Jackson's great-grandfather, Thomas Jackson.
- The Hermitage — Home of Andrew Jackson — Genealogy, online <www.thehermitage.com>, downloaded 3 May 2007.
- Gary Boyd Roberts, Ancestors of American Presidents (Santa Clarita, California: Carl Boyer, 3rd, 1989), p. 10.
- Was Stonewall Jackson Related to Andrew Jackson?