JOHN WECKERLY, son of Martin and Anne (Starrer) Weckerly, was born in the Township of Moncolva [Lucas County, Ohio], November 5, 1850. His father emigrated to this country in 1848 and settled in this section. John Weckerly began to learn the carpenter’s trade in 1870, and followed this business for three years. In 1873, in partnership with his brother Jacob, he bought the saw mill about one mile from the village of White House. In 1877 he acquired control of the entire business and has added a grist mill for feed and meal, and a cider mill. In 1880 Mr. Weckerly was elected Township Trustee and held the office until 1885. In 1886 he was elected Township Treasurer and appointed Deputy Sheriff. His Post Office address is White House.
Source: Clark Waggoner, ed., History of the City of Toledo and Lucas County, Ohio Illustrated (New York: Munsell & Company, Publishers, 1888), p. 21.