DEACON WILLIAM FRANK UMBERSON was born in Winston county, Miss., May 11, 1837. Moved to Texas in 1855, and has lived near Waco ever since. He was baptized in August, 1855, by Elder G. L. Jennings. Held membership in the First church, Waco, in 1857, and afterwards in East Waco. Was in the organization of Caledonia in 1872 as above narrated. Brother Umberson is a nephew of the late merchant prince, Deacon W. R. Kellum, of East Waco. Elder J. L. Walker‘s first wife was a step-daughter of W. F. Umberson.
Source: J. L. Walker and C. P. Lumpkin, History of the Waco Baptist Association of Texas (Waco: Byrne-Hill Printing House, 1897), p. 260.