EDD ANDREWS, a popular citizen of Tarrant county and a member of the board of commissioners, makes his home a short distance south of Grapevine, where his farm of two hundred acres indicates in its splendid appearance his careful supervision and practical and progressive methods. He was born in this county, April 18, 1862, his parents being Jabez B. and Annie M. (Burgoon) Andrews, who were natives of Illinois and came to Texas in 1850, being early settlers of Tarrant county, their home being near Grapevine. The father became prominent and influential in the community and positions of public trust were conferred upon him, including that of commissioner, in which capacity he served for several years, discharging his duties with promptness and fidelity. He voted with the Democracy and he passed away several years ago, aged fifty-eight years. Such has been his value in citizenship and his reliability in business life that his death was the occasion of deep and widespread regret. He held membership in the Methodist Episcopal church at Grapevine and left his family the priceless heritage of an untarnished name. Three of his children survive: Edd, of this review; William W., who is living at Lawton, Oklahoma; and Walter M., a resident of Tarrant county.
Edd Andrews spent the days of his boyhood and youth in the usual manner of farm lads in Texas. He was educated in the public school of Grapevine and when not busy with his text books was trained to the work of the home farm. On attaining his majority he determined to make the occupation to which he had been reared his life work and has always given his attention to general agricultural pursuits, owning now two hundred acres of rich and valuable land a short distance south of the town, where he is successfully interested in general farming.
On the fifteenth of December, 1883, Mr. Andrews was married to Miss Fanny C. Newton, a native of Tarrant county and a daughter of Thomas Newton, who for many years resided here hut has now passed away. Six children were born of this union: Nellie W., Katie B., Louis E., Armine A., Lea and Harold, all at home at present.
Mr. Andrews has served as a trustee of the school district in which he makes his home and the cause of education finds in him a warm and stalwart friend, who has done effective service in its behalf. He is now serving for the second term as commissioner of Tarrant county, his re-election coming to him in recognition of his faithful service during the first term. He belongs to Grapevine lodge, No. 288, A. F. & A. M. and is a member of the Farmers’ Union, while in politics he is a Democrat with independent proclivities.
Source: B. B. Paddock, History and Biographical Record of North and West Texas (Chicago: Lewis Publishing Co., 1906), Vol. II, p. 152.