LITTLETON G. PRITCHARD is a man of self-made achievement and influence, who has made himself what he is by earnestness and diligent perseverance throughout life from the time of boyhood. He is now one of the leading citizens of Tarrant county. He is the county road supervisor, is mayor of the municipality of North Fort Worth, and is a leading real estate dealer.
He was born in 1860 in the state of Alabama, his parents being S. D. and Harriet (Logan) Pritchard. When he was eight years old the family moved to Copiah county, Mississippi, and from then on he was reared in Wesson, Mississippi. He was accounted as one of the most industrious and hard-working lads in that vicinity, and early manifested those diligent habits that resulted in his rapid progress in later years. He was self-reliant and soon made himself independent of circumstances or outside assistance. He went to work in a cotton mill doing the sweeping out and other small general work, at first earning twenty-five cents a day. He later learned the blacksmith trade, which he followed for a number of years. He came to Tarrant county in 1883, and bought a blacksmith shop in the village of Bedford, where he was a citizen fro some years. About 1890 he moved to Fort Worth and located in the northern part of the city, which has since been formed as the separate city of North Fort Worth. In 1897 he was appointed, by the board of county commissioners, as county road supervisor for Tarrant county, and has filled that position ever since, for the betterment and continued improvement of the public highways of the county, where are some of the best roads to be found in the state. In April, 1904, he was elected mayor of North Fort Worth. In addition to these public responsibilities he is a member of the real estate firm of Hall and Pritchard, transacting a general business in North Fort Worth realty. He is a very popular man in this section of the city and has always been among the sta[u]nchest advocates and helpers in its improvement and general up building. The extensive stock-yards and packing house interests are located in North Fort Worth, and it is a populous and enterprising place. He owns considerable real estate in this part of the city, and is personally concerned with the growth of the industries and improvements of the municipality.
Mr. Pritchard is affiliated with the Masonic and Knights of Pythias fraternities. He is a man of family, and his wife’s maiden name was Miss Buckland. They have one son, Harry Pritchard.
Source: B. B. Paddock, History and Biographical Record of North and West Texas (Chicago: Lewis Publishing Co., 1906), Vol. II, p. 191.