DR. WILLIAM ERNEST CHILTON, physician and surgeon of Fort Worth, who, since 1901 has been demonstrator of anatomy and lecturer on anatomy in the medical department of Fort Worth University, is a native son of Texas, his birth having occurred in Comanche county in 1877. His parents were J. W. and Mary Elizabeth (Hatcher) Chilton. His father was born in Tennessee, but has spent most of his life in Texas, and for many years was actively engaged in merchandising and is still identified with mercantile interests, making his home in Fort Worth, to which city he removed several years ago.
Dr. Chilton acquired his early education in the public schools of this city, attended the high school here and studied further at Bethel College in Russellville, Kentucky. His literary course being completed he matriculated in the medical department of the Fort Worth University, from which he was graduated in the class of 1900. For about two years he was interne [sic] in St. Joseph’s Infirmary at Fort Worth and attending surgeon for that institution. He then became assistant to Dr. Bacon Saunders in the Saunders building, in which he has an office for his practice as a physician and surgeon. He has been accorded a liberal patronage and as stated he has been demonstrator of anatomy and lecturer on that subject in the medical department of the Fort Worth University since 1901. He belongs to the Tarrant county, North Texas and State Medical Associations and also to the American Medical Society, while his fraternal relations are with the Kapps Sigma.
Source: B. B. Paddock, History and Biographical Record of North and West Texas, Vol. II (Chicago: Lewis Publishing Co., 1906), p. 86.